Top Ten Michael Scott Quotes From ‘The Office’
Since Steve Carell and his Michael Scott character will be leaving The Office on April 28, so we decided to continue our celebration of the greatest boss in television history with a list of his funniest quotes. It was no small task trying to pick the top ten from a list of hundreds of awkward yet insightful quotes, but below are a few of our favorite gems. We’ve left “that’s what she said” off the list, because that just goes without saying. So here they are, The Top Ten Best Michael Scott Quotes from his wonderful seven seasons as the Dunder Mifflin boss on The Office.
10. “I don’t understand. We have a day honoring Martin Luther King, but he didn’t even work here.” (Grief Counseling, Season 3)
9. “That’s why I wanted a signal between us, so I wouldn’t have to just shout nonsense words. That’s her fault.” (The Client, Season 2)
8. “I love babies. I think they are beautiful in all sorts of different ways. I try to pick up and hold a baby every day, if possible, because it nourishes me. It feeds my soul. Babies are drawn to me, and I think it’s because they see me as one of them. But cooler, and with my life put together a little bit. If a baby were president, there would be no taxes. There would be no war. There would be no … government, and … things could get terrible. It actually probably… it would be a better screenplay idea than a serious suggestion.” (Baby Shower, Season 5)
7. “I love inside jokes. Love to be a part of one someday.” (The Convention, Season 3)
6. Holly and I are dating. It’s been a week, and I still can’t believe it. It goes to show that everything you want in life, you get. And you can’t work for it. It just comes to you.
(PDA, Season 7 )
4. “Business is like a jungle. And I am like a tiger. And Dwight is like a monkey that stabs the tiger in the back with a stick. Does the tiger fire the monkey? Does the tiger transfer the monkey to another branch? Pun. There is no way of knowing what goes on inside the tiger’s head. We don’t have the technology.” (The Coup, Season 3)
3. “People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me the choice is easy.” (Dunder Mifflin Infinity, Season 4)
2. “Dwight, you ignorant slut.” (Safety Training, Season 3)
1. “Well, that’s easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination, it’s stupid. I live in a fantasy world.” (The Cover-Up, Season 6)
What did we forget? Be sure to tell us what your favorite Michael Scott quote is!