In Short, The Best 20 Films of 2012
Over 400 movies were released this year, and of those 400 there were many terrible awful films. However there were also a few successes. I do not feel as though I can sit here and say “These were absolutely the best movies of 2012!” However I am going to tell everyone that there were a lot of MUST SEES! That does not necessarily mean these movies will blow all of you away, however if does mean that these are movies I am confident that the majority of people would be disappointed if they didn’t see it, and once you watch it you can decide your own “best movies of 2012”. But without seeing these movies your list would be untrustworthy. So out of over 250 movies I came up with 20 Must Sees. I won’t talk about all of them, some are clearly on the list for a reason, you don’t need me to tell you why The Dark Knight Rises was awesome. You’ve seen it! So here we go, in no particular order, here are the 20 must sees of 2012.
19. The Hunger Games – Maybe not everyone liked this movie, but it was one of the biggest movies of 2012. If you haven’t read the book, the story follows Heroin Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) in a post-apocalyptic world, where children ages 12-18 are forced to fight to the death in a yearly tournament, to make the people remember never to revolt against the Capitol. It’s good. Watch it.
18. The Grey – Almost always saying that Liam Neeson is in a movie is usually enough to make it a must see, but this one made the list for more than that. While leading a group of oilrig buddies their plain crashes and they are forced to battle injuries and the elements when they are attacked by a pack of vicious wolves. Now even though there is not even one reported wolf attack in history it’s still a high intensity action packed movie! Watch it.
17. The Avengers – Awesome, fun, funny, action packed, and filled with pretty much every hot guy most of us girls can think of. Watch it!
16. The Hobbit – Come on, it’s The Hobbit. If you haven’t seen it….Watch it!
15. Pitch Perfect – Ok I know you are thinking, why is this movie on the must sees list?? Because it’s awesome! Yes it seems cheesy and much like a “step up” in song version, but it is much more. Maybe you are boy thinking, “No Way! That’s a total chickflick!” Nope! I work at a movie theater with lots of guys who watched this movie and loved it! I promise if you need a laugh this is the movie for you! Watch it!
14. Hotel Transylvania – I am the first person to say I do not like kids movies and I do not like animations, but I truly loved this movie, and all of can admit that Adam Sandler has had some failures in the past couple years but this one was a true success. With plenty of jokes for adults who don’t want to sit through another children’s movies with their kids. Hotel Transylvania is about the vampire Dracula and his protectiveness over his young daughter ready to be out on her own. Hilarious and really cute. Watch it!
13. Les Miserables – Come on everyone, this is a classic, as long as you can get past Russell Crowe singing you will love this movie. And to all the bashers on Russell Crowe’s voice just chill, just because you haven’t heard him sing before doesn’t mean he has a bad voice. Actually many of you probably don’t know, Russell Crowe is in a band. Russell Crowe and The Ordinary Fear of God have been around for years and yes! Russell Crowe sings. I loved this movie and I definitely put it on my must sees.
12. Moonrise Kingdom – Honestly I didn’t know what to expect from this movie, I hadn’t seen any preview and I didn’t know who was in it. So I was very pleasantly surprised and it had a surprisingly good cast. Bruce Willis, Bill Murray and Edward Norton all play perfect and hilarious roles. Basically this movie was about two kids “Fall in Love” and run away together. Fabulous movie and a must see! Watch it!
11. Rock of Ages – Oh what to say about Rock of Ages! It is an amazing and entertaining movie that will have you laughing for the full two hours! Russell Brand is perfect. He is hilarious and his love story is to die for! If you haven’t seen the Broadway musical here is a quick summary for you! Basically a young beautiful innocent girl (Julianne Hough) comes to Hollywood to live her dream of being a singer, however she gets mugged and ends up working at a club called the Bourbon Room. Of course she runs into problems but has the happy ending we all know and love! Watch it!
10. Ted – Simply hilarious, this movie literally made me laugh until I cried. I also love when Mark Wahlberg plays comedic roles he is brilliant in them. Not to say he isn’t a good serious actor but he really was awesome in this movie. Basically as a child he wishes on a shooting star for his Toy Bear to be real and his best friend! And HEY!!! It works. If you like family guy you will love this movie! If you hate family guy as I do you will LOVE this movie! Watch it!
9. The Amazing Spider-man – This was a reboot of what was only finished a few years ago. We all know and love the original and first Spider-man, but this new spider man takes more a fun exciting approach to it. I loved the story the plot and the actors who were casted! They were perfect! Watch it!
8. The Perks of being a Wallflower – Wow, this movie was just perfect! It follows a freshmen boy who is at another school and finds himself yet again friendless. Until he makes friends with some crazy seniors and he finds his self finally truly happy. This movie made me laugh and it made me cry. I absolutely loved it! Watch it.
7. Flight – Honestly I never saw it. However I heard it was amazing so….watch it!
6. Cabin in the Woods – Never before have a seen such and original and yet ridiculous idea turned into something so perfect on the screen. Some people saw this movie and said it was stupid or the story was stupid, but those people need to know this movie wasn’t taking itself seriously, it knew exactly what is was and it perfected it. This was definitely one of my favorite movies of the whole year!! Watch it!
Don’t forget these are in no particular order whatsoever!
5. The Silver linings Playbook – Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence were fabulous together. Both of them no longer married and with outrageous personalities make for such a fun duo. This movie is a chick flick disguised as a drama and it’s amazing!
4. Skyfall – I love James Bond, and I LOVE Daniel Graig. Enough said. Watch it.
3. Seven Psychopaths – Honestly these days it has seemed as though there are no original ideas left out there, but somehow every once in a while a movie is original and it amazes you. This one is that. Now beware this movie has some gore and violence in it. I myself was no prepared, that however does not take away from the wittiness and the humor. Colin Farrell was casted perfectly and I loved it! Watch it!
2. Premium Rush – No this movie will not win an Oscar or be nominated. It’s nothing to go crazy about or talk about for days and days. It is merely a fun action movie that will keep you entertained for two hours. But isn’t that really all we want sometimes out of a movie!? Personally sometime I don’t want to go to a movie and have to think about it for days after the way I did with inception….terrific movie I am just saying, this is a movie that will keep you on your toes and give you a quick thrill. Plus it has Joseph Gordon Levitt and how pretty is he right!?
1. Looper – This Film is about a group of men who are hired to kill. They basically kill mob bosses, crimals, murderers from the future. They are sent back in time to be taken care of. Now when Joseph Gordon Levitt’s older version of himself is sent back for him to kill he can’t do it, and all Hell Breaks loose! I loved this movie! It’s an adventure and gives you a whole new version of time travel! Loved it! Watch it!
Well that’s all everyone! I hope you enjoyed my must sees and I hope that you “Must See” them now that you have read this!